- James Tool History
James Tool Machine and Engineering, Inc. was founded over 25 years ago by James “Bud” Toner whose philosophy of providing superior craftsmanship and customer service are still the foundation of our success. We respect our customer’s business and provide value in the quality of products and services we offer. Since our inception in 1987, we have built long term relationships with our customers which continues to contribute to our ongoing success.
We operate out of multiple facilities in North Carolina totaling over 100,000 sq. ft. All facilities are temperature controlled and fully equipped to provide precision machining and assembly services for our customers worldwide. James Tool is ISO 9001-2008 & AS9100 (Aerospace) certified and has the resources and experience to meet the expectations of our current and future customers.
James Tool has continuously increased it's capacity over the last 25 years to provide a large range of precision machining services. Our team of over 120 employees are highly skilled and qualified in the processing of precision parts. We utilize the latest technologies, CAD (SolidWorks®), CAM (MasterCam®) and state of the art CNC machine tools to produce high quality precision parts.
- Engineering and Building of Hydraulic Fixtures
- Value Added Assembly
- Large CNC Boring Mills – Up to 150” X axis travel
- Vertical High Speed CNC Machines
- CNC Vertical Lathes - Up to 79" Diameter
- CNC Vertical Mills – Some with 4th and 5th axis capability
- Manual VTL – Up to 72” swing
- Precision Grinding – Surface, O.D. & I.D., Jig and Blanchard Grind
- Special Services (On-site – Wire EDM, Black Oxide, CNC Torch, Direct Harden Heat Treat, Deep Hole Drilling, Vibratory Stress Relief Process and Thermo Deburring System
- Welding (Mig and Tig)
- ISO 9001-2008 & AS9100 Quality Control Labs with Full Gage Control System
- Multiple Zeiss and Brown & Sharpe CMMs with scanning capabilities.